Monday, January 12, 2009

Windows 7 Previewed - Everyday Use - MSN

For those who are like me, who surfs the net and opens a lot of MSN windows, you may be disappointed. I have a tendency to chat with a few people at a time, and so my taskbar will be cluttered with tons of icons. Not in 7 though. Every window under that program will be in that icon.
Have a look at the following screenie..Hovering your mouse icon over that icon bring up what is happening under that program. As you can see, the monkey icon is my WLM's main window. The other two is my current chatting partners. This is all done real time. Hovering you mouse over each mini window does this.. -->

Yup, it opens up the actual program. Not bad at all. You will need a reasonably fast CPU to tackle that,as well as some RAM. I recommend 3GB.
Talking of MSN, 7 beta does not come with WLM. You will have to download it yourself. Downloading WLM will give you WLM9, which in my opinion, is still not quite perfect. Microsoft will still need to finetune WLM9 to make it popular among people. Serious.

Updated : As you can notice from the last screenie, the minimized program no longer clutters up the right hand corner, instead gathering under that one icon. Very nicely done. The right hand corner seems to only fit important Windows applications. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment